Thursday, July 7, 2011

DIY: Chalkboard Platter (Notes or Menu Board)


I love my new Message  Board. I plan to use it at parties as a Menu Board, as well.
This DIY project was so easy and fun.
I bought a large platter from Home Goods for $9.95 and a can of chalkboard paint at MIchael's with a 40% off coupon and voila!

any plate, platter will do...the chalkboard paint sticks to tons of surfaces

Make sure to tape it off well, press the corners down real well, on the edge of the platter there is paper to protect the edges while painting


Please note, this was sprayed outside!!!! Not on my countertop!!!!


I couldn't stop spray painting, so I made this little jar. I even sprayed the top of jar with chalkboard paint!

Please Note:
Very Important...Let paint dry 24 hours before using chalk!!!!
you must use a felt eraser on chalkboard paint and do not use Side Walk Chalk, it scrapes the paint off.

1 comment:

Felicia B. said...

Awesome idea! Thank you for sharing!!